First, you’ll need to understand the relationship. WorkInTexas.com is the official “State Labor Exchange” or job search system, as mandated by The Wagner-Peyser Act. WorkInTexas.com is operated and maintained by a project team staffed by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and TWC operates as a part of the bigger Texas workforce system, Texas Workforce Solutions (TWS). From here-in, all references to “we,” “us,” and the like refer to the combination of all the above.
We help employers and job seekers connect. Specifically that might be helping employers find qualified applicants, helping job seekers find job opportunities, helping people increase their education or occupational skill levels, and providing funding assistance like unemployment insurance benefits, child care, transportation, or something else. We operate many programs and provide many services, but they all end with the goal of employment.
With that in mind and for our first post of 2012, we offer the following list of reasons we think using WorkInTexas.com makes good sense for employers, including those that set us apart from other online job search sites. We’d love your comments on how we’re doing.
Reasons for Employers to use WorkInTexas.com
- It’s free. There is no cost whatsoever to any type or size of employer hiring in Texas.
- Approximately 3000 new resumes added every day.
- There is no limit to the number of jobs you can post.
- You can tailor your account to fit your hiring structure.
- You can “test the water” to see the level of applicants currently available, prior to posting a job.
- Interested job seekers must match all your “required” job criteria in order to apply.
- You determine what criteria are required.
- You determine how job seekers contact you about/apply for your job.
- Do it yourself, let us help, or ask us to do it for you. Different than other job search sites, the Texas workforce system includes a statewide network of workforce professionals ready to assist with all your recruiting needs, online or by phone or in person. These individuals can assist with everything from providing helpful information and advice about using WorkInTexas.com, to posting your jobs and sending you qualified applicants, to coordinating and hosting a job fair.
- Your jobs will get national exposure through syndication via our partnership with JobCentral.org and the National Labor Exchange. All jobs listed in WorkInTexas.com are also advertised on numerous national and niche websites, free of charge.
Our job is to help you, so let us know what YOU need.