Here are five things you should know about Texas October employment numbers:
- With 20,000 jobs added in October, Texas has added more private sector jobs over the last 10 years (1,879,500) than any other state.
- In October 2015, Texas had an unemployment rate of 4.4 percent compared to the national rate of 5.0 percent.
- The Texas seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has remained below the national unemployment rate for 106 consecutive months. Texas tied with Ohio for the lowest unemployment rate among the top ten largest states.
- Since October 2005, Texas added 2,046,900 total nonfarm jobs, while the nation added 8,025,000 total nonfarm jobs.
- Job growth in October was particularly strong in the Leisure and Hospitality industry with 12,400 jobs added.