Those with exhausted benefits will be automatically re-enrolled; do not need to re-apply.
TWC has moved quickly to begin paying benefits under the CARES Act extension. We received Department of Labor (DOL) guidance on implementing the act on Friday, and over the weekend, our teams modified over 1.1 million current active benefit claims allowing customers to begin transitioning to the new extensions. We then began to make those payments the following Monday. In the first two days alone, TWC paid out over 44 million in the first two days. And this is the $300 per week payment alone.
Under the federal legislation, all Texans who are still unemployed due to COVID-19 and qualified for benefits will have them extended until March 13. This includes Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). They will also receive an additional $300 per week under the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program.
- No one should have to reapply for benefits.
- If you are currently receiving benefits, continue to request payment.
- If your benefits have been exhausted, we will automatically re-enroll you. If we need further information from you, we will contact you.
- Regardless of when benefits were exhausted, all new benefits under the extended CARES Act begin with the week ending Jan 2 and will continue until March 13. People who did not receive that first week will get it backdated. There will be no back-dating of federal benefits prior to that week.
You do not need to contact the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) about these extensions. Due to high call volume at this time, you may experience difficulties reaching a customer service representative, and calling unnecessarily will cause delays for other Texans.
We are working expeditiously on updating eligible claims to take advantage of the new law and will make the necessary updates to your claim and notify you of your potential eligibility. If more information is needed, we will contact you with instructions.
Remember to monitor your email and check the TWC COVID-19 Resources Job Seekers webpage for current information and updates.
Additional information and resources:
- The Continued Assistance Act
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits FAQ
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- TWC Unemployment Benefits Services
- 2-1-1 System – The 2-1-1 system provides health and social services to people in need
There are many job openings in Texas right now. For help finding a job, please visit WorkInTexas.com, the state’s powerful online job matching and workforce services system, or use the virtual and in person services at local Workforce Solutions offices located throughout the state.